Microsoft has a few suggestions on how to go about fixing the installation issues when attempting to install Internet Explorer 11. To save you all some time you happened to land here before transversing those several pages, I went ahead and summarized the tips & suggestions to save some time.
- Download and run Microsoft’s Fix it tool. This might solve your problem without having to try the below methods.
- Check that you meettheminimum operating system requirements and have the prerequisites installed.
- For the most part, if you are running windows Vista or above, you should be able to handle ie 11 fine.
- Make sure that your video card driver is compatible
- Again, if you are running Vista or above, you should be fine here.
- Check that there are no other updates or restarts waiting.
- Start -> Type Windows Update to see a list of waiting updates
- Temporarily turn off your antispyware and antivirus software.
- Try another installer :
- Install using Windows Update : Start -> -> Type Windows Update -> Optional Updates -> Click Internet Explorer 11
- Visit one of these sites and downloadtheappropriateexe based on your OS :
- If for some reason the installer didn’t finish installation, and Internet Explorer 11 shows installed, uninstall and try the installer again
- Visit the following Microsoft’s page and download the required updates.
- Look up the install log. Google the error message andthereshould be at least a few posts containing a similar error message.
- Go to the following location and search for exit codes, errors, etc… C:\Windows\IE11_main.log
- A superuser question had a interesting fix, using pkgmgr to update the older and current version of ie.