When I was testing a SSIS package that usually runs on a server, I got the following error during a process which is supposed to copy a file to a folder on a different server.
Error: 0xC0048006 at [Process Name], ActiveX Script Task: Retrieving the file name for a component failed with error code 0x05AA8FA4.
Confused, I found a few posts (here and here) that helped point to a permissions issue. After Googling a little more about the issue however still trying to debug it, I came across some common issues to check for when debugging this error.
- Check you, or the process, has proper permissions for what you are trying to do
- Make sure the file path exists, or that a file that you are inputting exists.
- Ensure that all the file paths in your variables/configs are correct.
There are quite a few other reasons you will get this error message besides these three reasons, but these will be the issues majority of the time. Hope this helps!